The aim of our executive committee is to provide us with an employer-led focus and a strategic direction within a UK policy framework.Gweld y dudalen yma yn Gymraeg
Through a joint chair arrangement, both Russell Ward (Cheif Executive, Celtic Leisure) and Chris Jennings (senior lecturer at Cardiff Metropolitan University) chair meetings of our executive committee within Wales.
The executive committee is made up of key employers from across Wales' active leisure, learning and well-being sector and key stakeholders including the Welsh Government, Sport Wales, Play Wales, Sports Leaders UK and the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
Our executive committee oversees the development of our programmes of work including:
- The delivery of the Sector Performance Plan for Wales
- The development of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
- The implementation of our Welsh language scheme
Executive committee members
- Russell Ward, joint chair (demand side), Celtic Leisure
- Chris Jennings, joint chair (supply side), Cardiff Metropolitan University
- Anthony Hughes, Blaenau Gwent CBC
- Julie Collings, Pembrokeshire CBC
- Robert James, Swim Wales
- Rob Guy, Sports Leaders UK
- Tillie Mobbs, Play Wales
- Jeremy Rowe, Halo Leisure
- John Byers, Register of Exercise Professionals
- Angela Farr, Sport Wales
- Nathaniel Freeman, Fitness Wales
- Dave Thomas, Call of the Wild
Click the following links for: