SkillsActive works with Caravan Industry Training (CITO) to represent the needs of the caravan industry.
The caravan sector encompasses those who work in the entire supply chain, from the manufacturing of static caravan holiday and park homes, touring caravans and motorhomes, through their sale and service to the holiday and residential parks that they are used on.
In 2008 CITO, as the formal training body for the caravan industry, became part of the SkillsActive to represent our activities for that sector. CITO have been developing and delivering quality, industry specific training since 1989 and continue a close working relationship with the two industry trade associations in order to engage with our sector's employers.
Through SkillsActive, CITO's work is steered by the National Caravan Council (NCC) and the British Home and Holiday Park Association (BH&HPA) on behalf of the industry employers to:
- promote best practices through quality training initiatives
- develop and maintain appropriate qualifications
- up skill the industry workforce
- advance the reputation of the industry as a UK employer
- provide information and advice to businesses on relevant qualifications, courses, publications and funding opportunities.