4SELECT YOUR TRAINING
LEVEL 2 AND 3
Higher Education Endorsement identifies degrees which effectively prepare students for employment and are supported by the sport and active leisure industry.
With rising fees and high expectations, endorsement is an ideal way to ensure both students and parents see the worth of attending university. Higher Education Endorsement provides clarity for students, parents and employers, highlighting degrees which are recognised as meeting national standards.
To discover which Higher Education Institutions are already endorsed, click here.
By developing closer links between higher education and industry, Higher Education Endorsement aims to ensure that those looking for a career in sport and active leisure can gain the right knowledge and experience to succeed.
This will also promote the importance of graduate level skills to employers and ensure there are high-level educated and employable graduates in the sector.
The benefits of Higher Education Endorsement include:
- Prospective students can easily identify courses which will make them employable graduates, allowing them to make informed choices about their future.
- Higher Education Institutions can ensure that graduate level courses have currency and relevance to industry.
- Endorsed courses will be promoted by partners across the sport and active leisure sector.
- More employees in the sector will have relevant, graduate-level skills.
- Employers and potential students can easily identify programmes of study that have been independently evaluated and are recognised by the industry’s Sector Skills Council.
- Employers and potential students can easily identify courses which reflect government agendas highlighting the importance of linking Higher Education to industry and increasing employability.
Students who wish to further enhance their opportunities for study and qualifications are seeking Level 4 training. Due to their specialist nature, additional fees apply for Level 4 areas of study.
Level 4 courses must fully map to the relevant National Occupational Standard.
To gain a Level 4 category of registration, REPs members must take approved training at Level 4 – make sure your courses are on their list!
REPs recognised Level 4 Specialist Exercise Instructor courses cover many areas of specialist study. See all…
*£950 per study area to internal students only. £2,000 per study area to internal and external students
- Cardiac disease
- Chronic respiratory disease
- Falls prevention
- Back pain
- Long term neurological conditions
- Mental health
- Cancer rehabilitation
All prices listed above are ex VAT. VAT will be added once you apply
HIGHER EDUCATION TRAINING
Higher Education courses teach employable skills and allow fitness graduates direct entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals.
A large numbers of graduates are now seeking employment in the fitness sector. SkillsActive approval allows you to show that your courses are relevant to the industry today and attractive to potential students. Graduates of endorsed courses can also directly link into employment in the fitness industry through direct entry on to the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs). See all the great benefits...
The benefits of Higher Education Endorsement for Fitness courses include:
- Highlight your links to industry standards and connect employers and students through graduate entry on to REPs.
- Students taking endorsed courses can save time and money after graduating, as they have no additional courses to take before they can enter REPs*.
- Direct entry to REPs will in increase graduates’ chances of finding employment, as REPs membership is required by most employers.
- Endorsed courses will be promoted to both employers and students through SkillsActive and REPs, with course details listed on both websites.
* a one-off joining fee of £29 is required.
By choosing any of the options below and approving your training, you become a SkillsActive Endorsed Provider. See more...
By approving your training through SkillsActive you become an Endorsed Provider. This shows everyone that you’ve gone through widely recognised and rigorous quality assurance procedures.
As an Endorsed Provider you’ll have proved that you’ve:
- received a Centre Verification Check
- signed a Code of Ethical Practice
- had your training quality assured to ensure standardized delivery
- mapped your training to National Occupational Standards
Approval covers training whether part of the Single Qualifications Framework (SQF) or not, Level 4 courses and higher education degrees.
6 EASY STEPS!
Choose your sector
Select your level
Select your training
> PROVIDER NETWORK
SkillsActive can help you to broker new partnerships with employers.
We're confident you've benefitted from SkillsActive endorsement and hope you will continue.