The aim of the employers’ executive committee is to provide SkillsActive in Scotland with strategic direction and to oversee the delivery of the Scotland national plan.
Our employers’ executive committee has one member from each of the private, public and voluntary sectors, a union representative and two representatives from each of the three other committees.
This provides a wide spread of involvement from a range of employers representative of our sector so that they are involved fully in our work and we can speak on their behalf.
Members of the committee are (August 2010):
- Employer representative of the public sector – Joyce McKellar Renfrewshire Leisure (Chair)
- Employer representative of the private sector – Greg Dalgleish ThinkFitness Hawick
- Employer representative of the voluntary sector – Amanda Rigby-Greenhaugh Scottish Swimming
- A representative of the Trades Union GMB - Walter McAdam
They are joined by two representatives each from:
- The sport, recreation, health and fitness employers’ committee
- The outdoor employers’ committee
- The Playwork Education and Training Council Scotland
We are looking for individuals who might join the above committees if you are interested in our work and are committed to turning around the skills system to meet the needs of employers then please get in touch with us.