The aim of our executive committee is to provide us with an employer-led focus and a strategic direction within a UK policy framework.
Through a joint chair arrangement, both Russell Ward (chief leisure and recreation officer at Neath Port Talbot County Borough Council) and Chris Jennings (senior lecturer at the University of Wales Institute Cardiff) chair meetings of our executive committee within Wales.
The executive committee is made up of key employers from across Wales' active leisure, learning and well-being sector and key stakeholders including the Welsh Government, Sport Wales, Play Wales, Sports Leaders UK and the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
Our executive committee oversees the development of our programmes of work including:
- The delivery of the Sector Performance Plan for Wales
- The Sector Qualification Strategy
- 14-19 Learning Pathways
- The development of the Register of Exercise Professionals (REPs).
- The implementation of our Welsh language scheme
Executive committee members
- Russell Ward, joint chair (demand side), nominated by the Chief Officers for Recreation & Leisure (CORL)
- Chris Jennings, joint chair (supply side), UWIC
- Anthony Hughes, Blaenau Gwent CBC
- Julie Collings, Pembrokeshire CBC
- Eoin Butler, Virgin Active
- Robert James,Swim Wales
- Rob Guy, Sports Leaders UK
- Tillie Mobbs, Play Wales
- Rwth Foulkes, DfES, Welsh Government
- John Byers, Register of Exercise Professionals
- Angela Farr, Sport Wales
- Paul Conway, Fitness Wales
- Dave Thomas, Call of the Wild
If you wish to become involved with the the Wales executive committee contact