Higher Education Endorsement identifies degrees which effectively prepare students for employment and are supported by the sport and active leisure industry.
With rising fees and high expectations, endorsement is an ideal way to ensure both students and parents see the worth of attending univiersity. Higher Education Endorsement provides clarity for students, parents and employers, highlighting degrees which are recognised as meeting national standards.
By developing closer links between higher education and industry, Higher Education Endorsement aims to ensure that those looking for a career in sport and active leisure can gain the right knowledge and experience to succeed.
This will also promote the importance of graduate level skills to employers and ensure there are high-level educated and employable graduates in the sector.
The benefits of Higher Education Endorsement include:
- Prospective students can easily identify courses which will make them employable graduates, allowing them to make informed choices about their future.
- Higher Education Institutions can ensure that graduate level courses have currency and relevance to industry.
- Endorsed courses will be promoted by partners across the sport and active leisure sector.
- More employees in the sector will have relevant, graduate-level skills.
- Employers and potential students can easily identify programmes of study that have been independently evaluated and are recognised by the industry’s Sector Skills Council.
- Employers and potential students can easily identify courses which reflect government agendas highlighting the importance of linking Higher Education to industry and increasing employability.
The Higher Education Endorsement Scheme is currently being developed across the different sub-sectors in sport and active leisure. Choose an area below to discover more about specific endorsement options, including further benefits and how to gain SkillsActive approval for a higher education course.