For those interested in the social and political aspects of sport, graduate level courses in Sports Development are often an ideal option. Higher Education Endorsement not only allows Higher Education Institutions delivering sports development degrees to identify their programme of study as high quality courses with relevance to the industry today. It also directly links their students to employment opportunities through a high level of practical experience and work with relevant contacts.
The benefits of Higher Education Endorsement for Sports Development include:
- Endorsement is awarded by both SkillsActive, the Sector Skills Council for Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being, and the Institute of Management for Sport and Physical Activity (IMSPA).
- Higher Education Institutions can demonstrate to employers and students that their course has been recognised by the industry as containing practical elements as well as high level academic content.
- Improved links can be forged between students, employers and Higher Education Institutions through the inclusion of work experience within the course.
- Students can easily identify courses that guarantee work experience and wider work based learning within the course
- Students have increased networking opportunities with relevant bodies in the industry.
Interested in Higher Education Endorsement for your course?