SkillsActive's Outdoor Employers' Group (OEG) provides sector-based advice and recommendations.
- To oversee and direct our work, including workforce development, labour market research, standards and training frameworks.
- To ensure adequate consultation in the outdoors and provide a coordinated view.
- To develop outdoors-specific policies and principles to support our work in developing the sector.
- To lead and direct the work of outdoors-related working groups in the sector.
Membership is drawn from within the sector, including employers from across the UK, and additional representation from appropriate partner organisations such as national governing bodies, further and higher education, awarding organisations and training providers. A list of current OEG members is downloadable.
- April 2012 OEG minutes
- January 2012 OEG minutes
- Current terms of reference are available
- Outdoor Employers' Group's 5 year vision
- A guide to the UK outdoor sector and its associated workforce development issues
- A SWOT analysis of workforce development in the outdoors
- A PESTEL analysis of workforce development in the outdoors