The Sector Qualifications Strategy for the Active Leisure, Learning and Well-being Sector outlines education, training and development needs to meet the sector’s current and future skills requirements.
Our Sector Qualifications Strategy (SQS) is viewed as the vehicle to engineer change in the delivery system for qualifications and training that are appropriate to the sector. It is also one of the solutions to the issues and challenges raised in the Sector Skills Agreement (SSA).
The SQS is an opportunity for the sector to establish a coherent framework of education and training to meet its skills requirements.
Objectives in the SQS
- To establish a range of qualifications (and training) that are relevant to the skills needs of the sector (qualification reform).
- To enhance the quality of provision of qualifications and training that are relevant to the sector (delivery reform).
- To confirm appropriate public investment into the development and delivery of qualifications and training (funding reform).
Key SQS documents
- SkillsActive Sector Qualifications Strategy - approved March 2008.
- SQS action plan for England (July 2009 - 2011).
- SQS action plan for Northern Ireland (July 2009 - 2011).
- SQS action plan for Scotland (July 2009 - 2011).
- SQS action plan for Wales (July 2009 - 2011).
- Diweddaraf: Cynllun Gweithred SCS i Gymru trwy’r Gymraeg (Mehefin 2009-2011)
- Playwork SQS FAQs - Frequently Asked Questions relating to playwork and the SQS.