A lesson or session plan is a guide for the teacher or tutor to follow and includes:
- the aims and learning outcomes for that particular teaching session
- the teaching activities the tutor will provide
- learning activities that the participants take part in
- the resources that will be needed
- how learning checks will be done and any assessment that will take place
- The timings of each topic and activities within the session
A lesson or session plan should contain everything a tutor needs to be able to deliver a session, so that should a tutor be unable to attend, another tutor could use it to deliver the same learning outcomes.
If a piece of CPD is submitted without a scheme of work (or equivalent) and a lesson/session plan, the course or workshop will be referred for resubmission.