The project to develop national occupational standards for “Maintaining a Healthy Weight” was initiated and funded by NHS Health Scotland. NHS Health Scotland is the national agency for improving the health of the population in Scotland and their overall aim is to provide leadership and work with partners to improve health and reduce health inequalities. These standards have been developed for people who work in the area of enabling people to adopt positive lifestyle changes to achieve and maintain a healthy weight.
These standards were completed and approved by the UK Commission for Education and Skills in July 2011.
- B113 Develop own professional practice in relation to physical activity, healthy eating and health behaviour change and their impact on healthy weight
- B114 Design, develop, manage and evaluate services to help people achieve and maintain healthy weight
- B115 Identify, raise the issue of overweight and obesity and agree appropriate action
- B116 Deliver services to help people achieve and maintain a healthy weight
- D110 Work in partnership with other organisations and professionals to enable target populations to achieve and maintain a healthy weight